Sunday, May 30, 2010

Early morning fire for night club -- Monroe, LA

An early morning fire that damaged the Members Nite Life Club on Winnsboro Road south of Monroe was deliberately set, said Greg Thompson, chief of fire prevention for the Ouachita Parish Fire Department.



Thompson said the fire was reported at 5:37 a.m. by an employee who lives across the road. The employee heard the fire alarm and called 9-1-1.

When firefighters arrived at the scene at 5:46 a.m. they saw flames coming from the building.

Thompson said an incendiary was used to start the fire on the back outside wall. “Investigators are seeking information on the person or persons who set the fire,” Thompson said.

Thompson said the owner is Robert Sullivan and he has operated the Nite Life at 4619 Winnsboro Road for six years.

He said the building is valued at $100,000 and damages are estimated at $15,000.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/20100527/UPDATES01/100527008

1 comment:

nblackthorn said...

Posts like this highlight the importance of Fire Alarms. Without this the employee across the road wouldn't have been able to alert the fire services until the blaze had well and truly taken over and damages would have presumably far exceeded $15,000.